638 Independence Parkway, Suite 100
P  427-1740
F  430-4487
Newport News (NN)
11861 Canon Boulevard, Suite A
Newport News, VA
P  873-8884
Virginia Beach (VB)
184 Business Park Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA
- All Pre-licensing, Continuing Education, and Post-Licensing courses have a "seat time" requirement. This means that in order for you to achieve your seat time requirement, you must be present in the classroom the same amount of time as is assigned to the course.
- The instructor for the session will record and monitor the student's attendance.
- If a student arrives late or leaves early, he or she may not be able to get credit for that session and it may affect the student's ability to complete a course. It is the student's responsibility to check with the school or instructor regarding the seat time policy for that class or session.
- If attendance is recorded and a student arrives late or leaves early, it is the student's responsibility to make sure their attendance is recorded properly on the day of the issue.
- Children or guest are not allowed to accompany a student.
- No smoking in building or on the grounds other than in a designated smoking area. Exit doors are not to be propped open.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- No taping or recording of sessions or materials.
- The use of a cellphone, computer or other communication device in a manner disruptive to the class is prohibited. A request to the student to remove these items from the classroom is at the sole discretion of the instructor or official of the school. These items are not allowed to be used or out on the desk during an exam.
- The school director may dismiss any student who does not follow the Student Classroom Conduct Policies listed above without the student being able to complete the course or receive a refund.
School Exam Procedures
- Pre-licensing exams must be monitored at an approved school location.
- Monitoring may be conducted through a video camera and recorded.
- Pre-licensing exam durations may vary by course. The school or instructor can give you the amount of time each course exam allows.
- There will be a start and stop time for exam sessions.
- Students must arrive on time for the exam. Students arriving more than 15 minutes late may be asked to reschedule their exam. If allowed in the exam session, the end time remains the same and will not be extended to accommodate the tardiness.
- Instructors may make seating assignments to ensure security of the exam process.
- No cellphones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), recording devices, cameras, pens, pagers, purses, notebooks, notebook computers, tablets, reference or reading materials, music players, radios, electronic games, book bags, or briefcases are allowed in the exam room during final exams.
- Students must use #2 pencils
- Only non-programmable calculators that are silent, battery-operated, do not have paper tape, printing capabilities, and do not have a keyboard containing the alphabet will be allowed in the examination site.
- No smoking or eating is allowed in the examination room
- The school will provide scratch paper which must be turned in with the exam.
- Once you have completed and turned in the exam to the instructor or staff you may not get it back.
- Copying of exam materials or removing exam materials from the school may be immediate grounds for dismissal from the school without refund of any money spent.
- You may not talk to other students during the exam. All questions must be directed to the instructor. When you complete your exam, turn it in to your instructor along with the exam sheet, exam booklet, and scratch paper. You may leave the classroom at that time but you may not re-enter until all students have completed their exams.
- Once all exams have been completed and turned in, the exams will be graded by the instructor. During this time the instructor will not be available for discussion of any kind. Once all exams are graded you may discuss your exam score with the instructor. Students who do not wish to wait for the results may call the school the next day for the results.
- Students caught cheating; copying, communicating examination content, or removing exam materials from the school will be asked to leave the class by the instructor and must meet with the Director to determine their status. The director's decision is final and no refunds will be issued.
Updated Sept. 6, 2013